This 1-day introductory course for health and safety is for people who are new to the construction and civil engineering industries. It teaches you the main health and safety issues on construction sites and how these affect your role.
It is also recommended as a Health and Safety refresher of knowledge after five years.
Qualifications you gain -
- CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.
Course Content -
- Workers' individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at height
- Manual handling
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment
- Occupational health.
The course price also includes publications, registration, certification and lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and Assessment -
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
- Multiple-choice test
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend all 7.5 hours - see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
Monday 4th April 2022
Thursday 28th April 2022
Monday 23rd May 2022
Friday 17th June 2022
Tuesday 26th July 2022
Monday 22nd August 2022
Tuesday 13th September 2022
Monday 10th October 2022
Thursday 17th November 2022