Health And Safety Awareness – (HSA)
This 1-day introductory course for health and safety is for people who are new to the construction and civil engineering industries. It teaches you the main health and safety issues on construction sites and how these affect your role.
It is also recommended as a Health and Safety refresher of knowledge after five years.
- Workers’ individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at height
- Manual handling
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment
- Occupational health
The course price also includes publications, registration, certification and lunch and refreshments.
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
- Multiple-choice test
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend all 7.5 hours – see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
Mandatory Entry Requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- A valid form of ID, such as a copy of your passport or driving license. See accepted forms of ID.
Thursday 11th January 2024
Wednesday 14th February 2024
Monday 11th March 2024
Thursday 4th April 2024
Friday 19th April 2024
Thursday 9th May 2024
Monday 3rd June 2024
Thursday 20th June 2024
Friday 26th July 2024
Thursday 22nd August 2024
Thursday 12th September 2024
Monday 23rd September 2024
Thursday 10th October 2024
Tuesday 5th November 2024
Friday 29th November 2024
Friday 13th December 2024
Qualifications you gain
CITB renewable 5 year Site Safety Plus certificate
Grants and Funding – Grants are available for eligible employers. For more information please visit the CITB Grants page