CITB Temporary Works Co-Ordinator
This two-day course is for those on site with responsibility for managing all forms of temporary works. It is designed to give confidence to senior management and those who engage with contractors. The course will provide candidates with a thorough knowledge of the role of a temporary works coordinator.
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- The importance of the ‘4Cs’ — communications, cooperation, coordination and competency — in managing temporary works as a Temporary Works coordinator
- Understanding the need for, and the duties of, a temporary works coordinator
- Understanding the roles of others
- Understanding BS5975, the code of Best Practice for Temporary Structures on Building Sites
- Statutory aspects of temporary works
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Management of the temporary works process
- Taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. You will need to do some self-study outside of the course.
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend the full two-day course – see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
- Multiple-choice test
Mandatory Entry Requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- A valid form of ID, such as a copy of your passport or driving license. See accepted forms of ID.
Monday 4th and 5th December 2023
Thursday 14th and 15th March 2024
Thursday 13th and 14th June 2024
Thursday 31st October and 1st November 2024
Qualifications you gain
CITB renewable 5 year Site Safety Plus certificate
Grants and Funding – Grants are available for eligible employers. For more information please visit the CITB Grants page