This 1-day course will provide you with thorough knowledge of the role of a Temporary Works Supervisor, including a sound understanding of the risk management of temporary works.
It is suitable for people with experience of being responsible for temporary works.
Course content –
- Risk management of temporary works – safety and business related
- The importance of the ‘4Cs’ communications, co-operation, co-ordination and competency in managing temporary works as a Temporary Works Supervisor
- Legal duties
- The roles and responsibilities of the Temporary Works Supervisor
- The role of other temporary work process
- An understanding of the relevant aspects of BS 5975.
Teaching and assessment –
- 1 day of training: you must attend the full 7.5 hours
- Examination at the end of the day: multiple choice test. You need to pass this to gain your certificate.
Qualifications you gain –
- CITB renewable 5 year Site Safety Plus certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements –
- You should hold or be about to hold the role of a temporary works supervisor
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- A valid form of ID, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted forms of ID.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit CITB’s grant pages.