Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme – (SSSTS)
This course is for you if you’re considering, or already have, supervisory responsibilities. You will learn about your legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
At the end of the course, you will have an understanding of:
- Health and safety law and how it applies to supervisors
- Your supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safely
- Risk assessments and the need for method statements
- Effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Monitoring site activities effectively
- Timely intervention when bad practice is identified
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. You will need to do some self-study outside the course.
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend all 2 days – see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
- Multiple-choice test
Mandatory Entry Requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- A valid form of ID, such as a copy of your passport or driving license. See accepted forms of ID.
Friday 12th and 19th January 2024
Wednesday 21st and 28th February 2024
Monday 18th and 25th March 2024
Thursday 18th and 25th April 2024
Thursday 16th and 24th May 2024
Monday 17th and 24th June 2024
Tuesday 9th and 16th July 2024
Monday 12th and 19th August 2024
Thursday 19th and 26th September 2024
Wednesday 16th and 23rd October 2024
Thursday 21st and 28th November 2024
Qualifications you gain
CITB renewable 5 year Site Safety Plus certificate
Grants and Funding – Grants are available for eligible employers. For more information please visit the CITB Grants page