Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme Refresher – SSSTS-R
This is a one-day refresher of our full Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course. Passing this course renews your SSSTS certificate. It updates your knowledge of your responsibilities for site safety, health, welfare and the environment.
You must complete this refresher before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full course.
- How health and safety law is structured
- How the supervisory role fits in with the manager’s role in controlling the site safely
- Understanding the need for method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Communication routes within site activity
- Behavioural safety
- Supervision of occupational health
The course also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend all 7.5 hours – see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
- Multiple-choice test
Mandatory Entry Requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- A valid form of ID, such as a copy of your passport or driving license. See accepted forms of ID.
Friday 26th January 2024
Friday 23rd February 2024
Friday 22nd March 2024
Tuesday 20th May 2024
Thursday 27th June 2024
Thursday 25th July 2024
Thursday 15th August 2024
Monday 16th September 2024
Thursday 24th October 2024
Friday 15th November 2024
Qualifications you gain
CITB renewable 5 year Site Safety Plus certificate
Grants and Funding – Grants are available for eligible employers. For more information please visit the CITB Grants page