Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher – (SMSTSR)
This course is for you if you have previously passed the Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course, or a subsequent refresher course.
A refresher course must be completed before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full course.
- The current focus of the Health and Safety Executive’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction
The course also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend the 17.5 hours – see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
- Multiple-choice test
Mandatory Entry Requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- A valid form of ID, such as a copy of your passport or driving license. See accepted forms of ID.
Thursday 7th and Friday 8th December 2023
Wednesday 24th and 31st January 2024
Tuesday 20th and 27th February 2024
Thursday 21st and 28th March 2024
Monday 24th and 31st May 2024
Friday 21st and 28th June 2024
Wednesday 24th and 31st July 2024
Wednesday 21st and 28th August 2024
Friday 20th and 27th September 2024
Friday 18th and 25th October 2024
Tuesday 19th and 26th November 2024
Monday 2nd and 9th December 2024
Qualifications you gain
CITB renewable 5 year Site Safety Plus certificate
Grants and Funding – Grants are available for eligible employers. For more information please visit the CITB Grants page