This is a one-day refresher of our full Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course. Passing this course renews your SSSTS certificate. It updates your knowledge of your responsibilities for site safety, health, welfare and the environment.
You must complete this refresher before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full course.
Qualifications you gain –
- CITB renewable 5-year Site Safety Plus certificate.
You must renew this qualification every five years by attending the SSSTS Refresher course. You need to do this before your certificate expires or you will need to take the full SSSTS course again.
Course content –
- How health and safety law is structured
- How the supervisory role fits in with the manager’s role in controlling the site safely
- Understanding the need for method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Communication routes within site activity
- Behavioural safety
- Supervision of occupational health.
The course also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
Teaming and Assessment –
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
- Continuous assessment
- You need to attend all 7.5 hours – see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements
- Multiple-choice test.