This is a two-day refresher of our full Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course. It updates your knowledge of your responsibilities for site safety, health, welfare and the environment.
Qualifications you gain –
- Taking this course renews your SMSTS certificate
- CITB renewable 5 year Site Safety Plus certificate.
You must complete this refresher before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full course. You must renew this qualification every five years by attending the SMSTSR.
Course content –
- The current focus of the Health and Safety Executive’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction.
The course also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and Assessment –
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
- Continuous assessment
- You need to attend the 17.5 hours – see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements
- Multiple-choice test.