The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 along with other legislation place responsibilities on employers (including the self-employed and not for profit organisations) to ensure risk assessments are carried out by a competent person.
Seaham Safety Services can act as your competent person and carry out risk assessments for your business/charity and identify cost effective measures to address any highlighted issues.
Typical risk assessments include:
- Control of Substance Hazardous to Health (COSHH) – identification of appropriate controls and PPE as well as Face Fit Testing of RPE
- Fire – fire risk assessment to PAS79:2012 and training
- Pregnant Workers – an employer is required to conduct a risk assessment for employees, including any specific risks to females of childbearing age who could become pregnant and any risks to new and expectant mothers who work.
- DSE – Display screen equipment risk assessments and training
- Manual Handling – employers are required to assess the risk involved in manual handling and so far as is reasonably practicable, avoid the need for his employees to undertake any manual handling operations at work which involve a risk of their being injured.
- Noise – employers are required to assess the risk to employees exposed to noise. Seaham Safety Services can carry out noise surveys as part of the risk assessment.
- Vibration – employers are required to assess the risk to employees exposed to vibration.
- First aid requirements – an employer is required to assess their first aid requirements. It is not always essential to have trained first aiders.
Seaham Safety Services provides a complete health and safety service. All of our training is designed specifically to your needs not just advice and risk assessments. With many years of experience in the industry, we understand your need for high quality systems, competent advice and the minimum of paperwork. Seaham Safety Services can help you comply with the relevant legislation thereby minimising claims whilst keeping down costs.
Whether it is:
- Accident Investigations
- Assistance with accreditation applications e.g. CHAS or Safe Contractor
- Workplace Noise Testing and Measurement
- Competent person/advice
- Safety Documentation
- Risk Assessments
- Technical Services
- Implementing Health & Safety Systems