Obtaining CSCS card
Option A – If you need a Green Labourer card (Previously Basic Site Skills) you will need to sit the CITB 1 day Health & Safety Awareness course which has a duration of 8 hours and is examined by a 25 question, multiple choice exam.
Option B – Alternatively if you need a skilled card for your occupation you will need a achieve an NVQ in your occupation. We offer a wide variety of construction competence NVQs in many occupational areas.
Upon achievement of either option A or B you will need to pass the relevant CITB HS&E Test. This is a computer based test which is a 50 question multiple choice exam which you have 45 minutes to answer all of the questions.
You will then be able to contact CSCS on 0344 994 4777 to be able to apply for your CSCS card.
Organisations requiring assistance with CSCS cards
We can assist you with ensuring your workforce is compliant with the CSCS scheme. We can manage the whole process for you by:
- Identifying which CSCS cards are right for each candidate
- Detailing which criteria is required for each candidate and the costs involved
- Arranging booking HSE tests, registering for qualifications and applying for CSCS cards
Things to know about CSCS cards
- Firstly, regular checks are carried out on CSCS card holders on sites either by using a hand held scanner or checking a database to ensure the card is valid for what the job requires.
- Also, if you are hold the wrong type of card for the type of job you are doing, for example, if you have a CSCS Green card and are in fact a painter, plasterer or supervisor you maybe asked to leave the site as this is not a relevant card for what you are doing on site.
Do you need to apply for, renew or upgrade a CSCS card?
Contact us to apply for CSCS cards or discuss how we can help you to achieve full CSCS card scheme compliance.