As part of our health and safety support solutions we offer a diverse range of consultancy and advisory services including policies, risk assessment, audits and management systems. Our fully qualified consultants can be designated as your competent source of health and safety advise to assist you with your legal obligations.
Why choose Seaham Safety Services?
- Cost effective support services and advice as and when required
- Qualified advisors with the skills, knowledge and experience to enable you to be confident you are receiving the best possible advise
- We pride ourselves in providing sound and practical advice to ensure you can meet your legal obligations
- Experience of developing integrated management systems auditable to ISO9001, ISO14001 and OSHAS18001
- Assistance with supplier/contractor questionnaires and supporting documentation
- Regular newsletter to keep you up to date with changes in legislation and industry developments
Ensure you meet your legal obligation
If your organisation employs 5 or more employees you are required by UK law to have:
- A documented health and safety policy
- Documented risk assessments for all significant hazards
- Access to competent health and safety advice
- Documented arrangements for the planning, organisation, control, monitoring and review of health and safety arrangements (i.e. health and safety management procedures)
- Adequate health and safety training for a levels of staff
If you have less than 5 employees you still have a legal obligation to manage your organisations health and safety.
Failure of your organisation to comply with health & safety law you may result in serious consequences such as:
- Incidents and Accidents
- HSE Fee For Intervention (FFI)
- Prohibition and improvement notices
- Prosecution with unlimited fines and jail sentences
- Damaged reputation
- Director disqualifications
Therefore ensuring you receive sound, competent advice on your Health and Safety obligations is critical to your organisation. This is where our health and safety consultancy services can make a difference.
Our Support Package
Our support package enables you to state that you have appointed us as your competent source of health and safety advice. Included as standard:
- Competent person to assist with health and safety compliance
- Unlimited telephone and email advice when you need it
- On your behalf we can liaise with your clients, the HSE, Local Authorities, your insurers and any other third party
- Advising on legal requirements, best practice and control measures
- Offering advice after the occurrence of an accident or incident
- Assistance with planning and implementing your training
- Monthly newsletter keeping you up to date with changes to health and safety legislation to ensure you can maintain compliance with the law
- Provision of documentation such as forms, templates, checklists and guidance through email
Sole trader or up to 4 employees £35 +VAT per month or pay annually and save £70 +VAT
Company £70 +VAT per month or pay annually an save £140 +VAT
Pay for extra support services when you need them
In addition to our standard advice and support services you will also have the assistance of an Advisor for any health and safety related work such as:
- Assistance with the development and review of management systems and policies
- Workplace Inspections
- Development and/or review of Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Incident and Accident Investigations
- Safety scheme application assistance (CHAS, SSIP etc.)
- Assistance with Clients Pre-Qualifications Questionnaires
- Preparation of Construction Phase Plan
- Fire Risk Assessments
This additional support is agreed between our clients and our Advisors and is chargeable at a rate of £50 +VAT per hour.
What do I need to do next?
If you would like us to act as your competent source of practical health and safety advice or to discuss our support in more detail call us on 0191 5818400.