This course is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who may need to enter a confined space without airline breathing apparatus to conduct a variety of work activities. These include maintenance and cleansing operations, building and refurbishment work, routine inspections, CCTV operations, flow monitoring and surveys.
This course provides guidance for employers, the self employed and operatives who carry out work in confined spaces. It provides delegates with a thorough understanding of what confined spaces are, the associated dangers and the ability to enter, work and leave them safely.
In addition, the course gives an understanding of the safe use and planned maintenance of escape apparatus.[tab:Content]
The course will cover the following topics:
· Confined Space Regulations 1997, associated legislation and ACoP
· Planning and emergency arrangements
· Associated hazards and methods of risk control
· Atmospheric monitoring
· Health hazards and associated control measures
· Safety equipment and pre-use checks
· Airline breathing apparatus
· Practical demonstration and assessment in the use of monitoring equipment and all associated safety equipment[tab:Benefits]
The course will provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to enable them to carry out work safely in confined spaces. It will also provide them with the understanding of the requirements of associated legislation and the approved code of practice (ACoP).
The participant will receive a Confined Space Entry training certificate upon completion of the course.