This course is for you if you’re considering, or already have, supervisory responsibilities. You will learn about your legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
Course content –
At the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- health and safety law and how it applies to supervisors
- your supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safely
- risk assessments and the need for method statements
- effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- monitoring site activities effectively
- timely intervention when bad practice is identified
Qualifications you gain –
- CITB renewable 5-year Site Safety Plus certificate.
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to take a refresher course before the expiry date on your certificate, otherwise the full course will need to be retaken.
Teaching and Assessment –
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. You will need to do some self-study outside the course.
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend all 2 days – see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements
- Multiple-choice test.