This SMSTS course is for project managers, site managers and supervisors, business owners and clients. You will gain an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues on construction sites.
The certificate is valid for 5 years. You will need to take the SMSTS Refresher course before your certificate expires. You need to renew this certificate every five years before it expires by attending the SMSTS Refresher course. Otherwise, you’ll need to take the full SMSTS course again
To gain the Site Safety Plus certificate you must attend the full 37.5 hours of training. If you can’t attend the full course, you’ll need to enroll and take the course again. You may be charged extra to cover the costs of switching courses. You will also need to pass the exam and take part in the course exercises.
Course Content –
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces.
The course also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and Assessment –
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. You will need to do some self-study outside of the course.
- Continuous assessment
- You need to attend all 5 days – see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements
- Multiple-choice test.