There are two courses that are part of Site Safety Plus specifically for site managers:
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SMSTS-R)
Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
This course is for you if you’re considering, or already have, responsibilities for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff e.g. site manager.
It covers all relevant legislation affecting safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture within the workforce.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation affecting your daily work
- implement new guidance and industry best practice
- state your duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to take a refresher course before the expiry date on your certificate, otherwise the full course will need to be retaken.
Further information about this course is available in the Scheme Rules