The course aims to provide the delegates with the necessary skills in order to be a first aider within the workplace.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need to record incidents and actions
- Understand the importance of basic hygiene in first aid
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is unconscious and/or suffering a seizure
- Administer basic life support (CPR) promptly and effectively in line with the current Resuscitation Council (UK) Guidelines
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and in shock
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is choking
- Provide first aid for minor injuries.
Completion of the course will mean your organisation will have a competent person(s) available to attend to any first aid emergencies which occur within the workplace. This will also ensure your compliance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Act 1981.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is for individuals who will be given first aid responsibilities.
Emergency First Aid at Work 1 Day £60 + VAT per person (includes lunch and manual)