This two-day course is for those on site with responsibility for managing all forms of temporary works. It is designed to give confidence to senior management and those who engage with contractors. The course will provide candidates with a thorough knowledge of the role of a temporary works coordinator
Mandatory entry requirements –
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
- If you need to re-sit the test, you must do this within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge
- You will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted list of ID.
Course Content –
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- The importance of the ‘4Cs’: communications, cooperation, coordination and competency in managing temporary works as a Temporary Works coordinator
- Understanding the need for, and the duties of, a temporary works coordinator
- Understanding the roles of others
- Understanding BS5975, the code of Best Practice for Temporary Structures on Building Sites
- Statutory aspects of temporary works
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Management of the temporary works process.
Qualifications you gain –
- CITB renewable 5-year Site Safety Plus certificate.
Teaching and Assessment –
- Taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. You will need to do some self-study outside of the course.
- Continuous assessment
- You need to attend the full two-day course – see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements
- Multiple-choice test.